Wednesday, May 23, 2012

Verizon Droid X2 - problems in initial programming and activation

Recently, I upgraded up LG flip-phone for a Droid X2.  However, I ran into a problem right away with the activation.  Whenever it would try to activate, it sounded like someone was pressing the "1" key over and over and over and over again.  It was quite annoying, which resulted in my not being able to activate it.

When I went online, I found many people had similar problems.  Here's one such video I found:


I even tried pressing the dialer and pressing *228.  No such luck.

The solution: call Verizon at 1-800-922-0204.  I found the lady at the call center over-the-top helpful and she got my phone activated without problems.  Oh, by the way, you'll have to call from another phone into of your new Droid.  She'll more than likely ask you to power it down and then back up--and I'm not really sure how you can do that while talking to her.  So, bottom line, call from a land line or another cell phone.

No comments:

Post a Comment