Thursday, June 7, 2012

When sending correspondence or money to a collector

Whenever you need to send any correspondence or money to a collection agency, ALWAYS send it certified mail, return receipt requested.

Not only will you have proof that you sent whatever it is that you sent them, the US Postal Service also provides a tracking number so you can be certain that the collection agency received it (it might be a good idea to even print this page, for future reference).

This may cost a few dollars, and you may think it might not be worth the hassle, but trust me, it's worth it.  I've listened to too many callers on  Dave Ramsey's radio show who didn't follow this advice and were screwed over.

No comments:

Post a Comment