Thursday, June 14, 2012

Guesthouse International Inn and Suites, Rochester, MN

Last year, when my wife was down in Rochester, MN, due to her treatment of Acute Myeloid Leukamia, I stayed several times at the Guesthouse International Inn and Suites.

If you're going to the Mayo Clinic, there are reduced rates available, as well as reduced rates for those staying a week or more.  There is also a shuttle service going to and from the Mayo Clinic Monday through Friday.

It's a nice hotel, with a complimentary breakfast, and a good-sized pool.  There is also a hot tub.  Here is a video of my children jumping into the pool one day last summer, which gives you an idea of how big the pool is.


From the first phone call to the first time arriving at the hotel, I knew the front clerk (who I believe his name was Jerry), was a first-class salesperson.  He knew how to treat guests extremely well.  In fact, the moment I arrived the first time, it was around 11:30pm.  He said that normally the pool closed at midnight but liked to keep it open later to accomodate the late-arrivals.  Also, he said he always kept the coffee on--which I didn't quite need at the time but admired the gesture.

The one drawback, which I even hate to mention, is the slight smoky smell to the carpet.  I had been told there had been some remodeling done but the carpet hadn't been touched yet.  Because of it, there was a hint of smoke along the halls.  This didn't bother me, even though I'm a non-smoker, but my wife was extremely sensitive to it.

Here's a picture of the front--this is from their website.


Because of the drawback, I give the Guesthouse a 4 out of 5 stars.  If I just took into account the level of service, it would be 5 out of 5.

No comments:

Post a Comment