Tuesday, September 18, 2012

My personal disclaimer towards paying back debt

Last week I wrote two posts where I talked about the job description of a debt collector as well as not giving debt collectors electronic access to your bank account.

You may ask, "But shouldn't you pay your debts?"

Absolutely.  If you have $10,000 in the bank and you have an old Discover card that you owed $2,500, you should pay it.  But what if you only have $750 to go towards the $2,500 debt?  Then you can do only what you can do.

You should pay your debts, and once you do, strive to never EVER take on any additional debt.  I'm not advocating not ever paying your debts.  I'm just advocating for those who cannot, and are paying off Visa or MasterCard instead of feeding their children or themselves, or even paying your home mortgage.

No comments:

Post a Comment