Thursday, December 13, 2012

If you're unsure about retirement planning, seek a professional

If you're sick, seek a doctor.

If your car is in need of major repairs, seek an auto mechanic.

Retirement planning is no different.  Seek a professional if you need advice on what you should do.

Professional retirement planners come, for the most part, in two major forms.  The first is a fee-based independent planner.  For a small fee (small is a relative term here), they'll go through your finances with you and offer advice on what you should do.  The second are planners who work for a company.  Typically, these planners are selling you on their products and take a small (another relative term here too) percentage of your overall portfolio.

Which is the best for you?  Honestly, it's up to you.  Interview 3-4 (or more) until you find one that you're comfortable with.

No comments:

Post a Comment